The International Federation for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus (IF) is the global umbrella organization for national and regional Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus associations. Its mission is to decrease the prevalence of Spina Bifida by primary prevention and to increase the quality of life of persons affected by the disabilities. IF manages projects in the EU and in developing countries, funded by various international donors, such as NORAD, SHIA, the European Commission, Dutch government etc. The office is based in Brussels, Belgium. More information can be found on www.ifglobal.org.
Job Title: Administrator/Personal Assistant
Salary: according to PC 329 and seniority
Nature: up to 30 hours per week (but flexible)
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Date: as soon as possible
Purpose of Job
To support the Secretary General in his work.
To enable the office to run smoothly and efficiently at all times, so that the International Federation for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus can maximize its opportunities and senior staff are supported to deliver their work effectively.
- To act as personal assistant to the Secretary General.
- To act as a central point of phone/email contact for the organization
- To book travel and accommodation for the team in an efficient, timely and economical way.
- To prepare and organise meetings/events and ensure that the necessary venues, equipment, catering etc are arranged to requirement.
- To communicate professionally and effectively with all those involved in any event or meeting.
- To maintain agenda’s for team members.
- To keep basic level accounts and ensure payments/invoices are (pre-)processed and coded correctly.
- To prepare basic financial information for submission to the external accountants
- To prepare basic payroll information ready for submission to an external payroll provider
- General filing, photocopying, mailing and correspondence as required.
- To provide general administrative support to team members enabling them to deliver their work efficiently, for example by preparing draft donor reports.
- To ensure the office runs smoothly and professionally at all times, and to take responsibility for practical items such as stationery, IT, office equipment etc.
- Any other duties consistent with the above, and any other relevant duties required as the job develops.
Skills, experience and personal qualities:
- Previous experience (at least two years) in administration/office management
- The ability to understand IF’s mission and priorities, and act with those in mind at all times.
- Bilingual English/French or Dutch, preferably also with conversational Dutch or French.
- A good overall level of education.
- Good IT skills .
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Good anticipatory skills.
- Experience of servicing and organizing meetings/events.
- A high level of initiative and a proven ability to work independently, responsibly and without close supervision.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and be able to prioritise a workload to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and phone.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Experience of minute taking.
- Demonstrable understanding of using resources wisely.
- An awareness and understanding of equality and diversity/disability.
- Experience of basic book keeping is a plus.
- Experience of the voluntary sector is a plus.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The cover letter should mention when the candidate would be available to start work, as well as salary expectations.
Deadline for applications: 22 November 2015. Applications received by this date will take priority; however, late applications will be considered if the position has not been filled. Interviews will be held on 25-26 November 2015 in English.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The International Federation for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages people with disabilities to apply.